SELF LOVE influences our self esteem, our interactions and our decisions and takes us on a beautiful journey of self discovery.
Sometimes you can spend so much time investing in others that you forget to invest in yourself, which I am sometimes guilty of doing.
- IDENTIFY WHAT INFLUENCES YOUR SELF LOVE How has your Culture, Religion, Friends, Family, Upbringing, Positive and Negative Life Experiences, Social Media etc all contribute to the image we have and the way we feel about ourself.
2.WRITE DOWN YOUR THOUGHTS
Especially if situations, insecurities or people you’ve encountered have ever made you stop loving yourself (e.g. bad relationships, abuse, bullying, not feeling beautiful etc), gaining that power back can really change your life.
3. SELF EVALUATION
Loving yourself requires you make time for self evaluation, whether it be your inward or outward appearance. Taking time to identify what makes you you, enables you to then to begin to appreciate yourself as a unique creation of God and really see yourself in your current state. If you don’t make time to evaluate yourself once in a while, you are blocking yourself from recognising what you are doing well, what areas you can do better in and what areas you need to change or stop.
identify the areas you need to improve on:
– Do you need to start working out more and change your diet?
– Could your personal hygiene be a little better?
– Could you make a bit more of an effort with how you present yourself?
– Have you ever been bullied about the way you look?
– Do you idolise a certain image of beauty that you don’t feel your look identifies with?
4. INVEST IN YOURSELF- #MeTime
You cant pour from an empty cup.
As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I realised that beauty – and how ‘attractive’ I looked – was so much more than simply what I saw in the mirror, but was rather to do with my temperament, my intelligence, my ‘giftings’, my personality, my demeanour.
5.FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE
6.BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF
7.FORGIVE YOURSELF & GIVE YOURSELF CREDIT
8. BELIEVE IN YOUR POTENTIAL- EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS
9. MAKE PURPOSE DRIVEN DECISIONS
When you love yourself it pushes you to recognise that you deserve the best, so you will be forced to start to make decisions that will steer towards that.
Identifying the areas you need to improve is only half of the work. The other half requires you to take practical steps towards actually improving for the better.
10. REMEMBER ITS AN ONGOING PROCESS
It is ot something that can be done overnight but it is a worthwhile journey
Knowing your worth means you will speak, dress and treat people in a way that will encourage them to treat you with the upmost respect. It will also help ensure that you do not settle and that you guard your heart..